Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Friday!

Good morning everyone! I amazingly got close to 6 hours of sleep last night and I'm feeling refreshed. Although I still have the pain in my back by my left shoulder blade (from sleeping just a couple of hours the night before on the couch) it doesn't seem to be as bad today. The other nice surprise this morning was that G woke up at 5am and finished cleaning up some of the stuff I was working on last night, so thanks to him our apartment is beginning to look a bit civilized. I still have everything in the storage closets to go through and boxes in the apartment that need to be dealt with, but overall it doesn't look too bad. I do need to get on it and back on the stuff that I'm selling because I need the dough to visit my Grandmother a month from now.

I wonder if there is a way I can post those things I'm selling here... hmmmm. Right now I have a bluetooth phone for sale, you can check it out on Kijiji or Craigslist. It is an awesome phone, but we only used it for a couple of months and don't really have a need for it anymore. (Those links aren't good forever, but I'll try to update them with the new links until it is sold.)

I've also collected some antique glass items and some other collectibles over the years that are just taking up space. I'm hoping to spend some time next week getting them out of their boxes, cleaning them up, photographing them and getting posted. I'm trying to sell through my local (and free) postings on Kijiji and Craigslist, but if they don't sell that way I'll have to put them up on eBay. I had already posted a few items that way and overall I think I lost money, because there were some items that just didn't move, but that doesn't matter to eBay, you still have to pay them. I'm also thinking of having a yard sale; I'm wondering if the 4th of July weekend would be a good time to do it. I do live on a street that has quite a bit of traffic, so it may work out. The only catch to that is that I need to get all the crap together... that is the hardest part.

I'm sitting here at the office and I sadly don't have any work to do. Some of you may be jealous, but those of you who are like me would be frustrated that there is nothing to work on. For me it hard because my last job took 125% of me all the time; even on the weekends. There was hardly enough downtime for me to eat... never time to check my emails and this blog definitely would be neglected. Since our fiscal year is over at the end of June, I should have a pickup in the amount of work to do in July and August, but there is no way to tell how much. So until there is work to do I'm going to continue to find interesting things to research and post here. I also spend some time looking at crafty stuff for my knitting habit and desire to upcycle the things I find. Then there is also Facebook and its Mafia Wars and Farkle. Oh Facebook how I love thee. I never really got into MySpace although I do have an account because my sister begged me to start one. I just don't like all the spamming and kids on it. Facebook has helped me reconnect with a lot of old friends and helps me share with them everything that is going on. I have to admit... I'm a bit of a voyeur on there looking at everyones pictures. I think that Facebook and Ravelry just allow that part of ourselves to come out and play, you know? I can't help it if you are a bit of an exhibitionist and post that stuff! :)

Stay tuned because my next post will be later today and it will contain some interesting events going on here in 'The Big Apple' over the next couple of months that you are just not going to want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment